Sunday, November 21, 2010
Popcorn
I've been experimenting with microwave popcorn for a while. Now I'm not talking about that overpriced stuff that comes in a little paper bag, then packed in a box with all sorts of extra stuff added into the corn. What I mean is popping corn in the microwave. For one serving I found about 2 tablespoons of kernals is about right. I found the perfect container for making it in, a small oval glass covered casserole. This works great because it has a relatively small area at the base and since it is clear glass I can see how well the corn is popping. Today's discovery was about getting those last unpopped kernals. I stopped the microwave when the popping had slowed down, but had a lot of unpopped corn. I took out the corn that was popped, added a few drops of water to the bottom of the casserole and turned the microwave back on for 3 minutes. This trick really seemed to work! When I was done I only had about 5 unpopped kernals and though the second part was a little more cooked than the first corn I took out none of it was burned. Great popcorn with no additives, no paper bag to throw out, little unpopped corn and super cheap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment